Page Nav

HIDE

Breaking News:

latest

Ask HN: Going All-In on Rust

Ask HN: Going All-In on Rust https://ift.tt/owm9YIU I am a full-time engineer working for an MNC where the tech stack is Java / Python. Out...


Ask HN: Going All-In on Rust https://ift.tt/owm9YIU I am a full-time engineer working for an MNC where the tech stack is Java / Python. Outside of work, I spend most of my time in competitive coding and teaching programming to friends/family. I am looking to transition to Rust for all my side projects (and possibly everywhere in the near future). I don't have any specific reason for this transition other than to move away from Java / Python. I want to continue my competitive coding practice and my side projects that are mostly low-level systems. I am looking to build a niche for myself and see Rust as an escape (something I can explore and grow with). I might be overplaying my hand here, any suggestions would be helpful. Is there anything to keep in mind before I take this plunge? 7

No comments